Why hearing aid aftercare should not be an after-thought
If you are a hearing aid wearer, it is likely that your hearing aids are playing a significant role in your daily life helping you to communicate. Like all things we rely on, it is not only important to look after them but to be confident that if something does go wrong, you will be immediately supported. Due to the often-permanent nature of hearing loss, wearers of hearing aids are likely to require them for the rest of their lives and they will become important partners in life.
- They are adjusted and fine-tuned to compensate for changes in hearing. Often hearing deteriorates over time due to natural aging.
- They are adjusted and fine-tuned to adapt to changes in needs or circumstances. Often changes to the hearing aids will be required due to changes in lifestyle (e.g. you may have started listening to more music and require a music program in your hearing aid) or health (e.g. you may have an ear infection and require temporarily a different style of ear mould)
- They are working optimally and reliably. Hearing aids are sensitive electronic devices that operate in quite a hostile environment (ear canal). They require regular cleaning/care and sometimes repair.
When purchasing hearing aids, it is important to understand from your audiologist what levels of aftercare service is provided and the cost of this aftercare. Key things to consider:
(1) Hearing aid warranty
The first thing to find out is the manufacturer’s warranty on the hearing aid itself. At some point of time your hearing aids will require repair and if your hearing aids are out of warranty the costs could be significant. It goes without saying the longer the manufacturer’s warranty the better.
(2) Ongoing support and service
It important to find out what aftercare service is provided and the cost of the service. Important aftercare services include hearing tests, hearing aid adjustments, clean/check of hearing aids and the provision of consumables (batteries, earmoulds and tips/domes).
Sounds of Life’s Platinum Aftercare Package
At Sounds of Life we recognise the importance of good aftercare. All our hearing aids come standard with a 3-year warranty. In addition, if you purchase either a mid-range, high-end or premium performance-level hearing aid(s) from Sounds of Life, you receive Free-of-charge, our “Platinum after-care package”. Our platinum package is valued at $270 and includes:
- Free hearing aid trial prior to purchase
- Free annual hearing screening and hearing aid adjustment for three years
- 36-month product warranty
- Free ongoing hearing aid clean and checks
- 10% off batteries (lowest priced branded hearing aid batteries in Australia).
If you feel hearing loss is impacting your life contact Sounds of Life.
Contact us today on 1300 744 432 or via our contact form below:
About Sounds of Life
Sounds of Life Audiology is a leading, independent hearing aid specialist. We offer transparent and affordable hearing aid pricing on quality hearing aids (including virtually invisible hearing aid technology) from the world’s leading brands.