Why You Should Not Buy Hearing Aids Over The Internet
The Internet is a great place to get information about hearing loss and hearing aids. However, when it comes to purchasing hearing aids online it comes with a lot of risk.
Hearing aids are regulated as Class IIa medical devices by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA) and are not consumer electronic devices. All major hearing aid manufacturers in Australia have clear guidelines about internet sales and will not accept orders for hearing aids to be distributed via the internet (potentially voiding the hearing aid warranty).
Audiologists are an integral part of the appropriate selection of, delivery of, and satisfaction with hearing aids. Audiologists have expert knowledge and provide you with:
- Comprehensive diagnostic audiometric testing (in sound proof booths) to determine the extent and type of your hearing loss.
- Professional/expert advice on the latest technology to assist your individual requirements
- Individualised (customised) fitting based upon your individual needs (audiological, anatomical and lifestyle)
- Sophisticated professional fitting and measurement services to ensure your hearing aids are providing precise (and safe) amounts of amplification for your individual hearing loss (e.g. individual real ear verification).
- Professional hearing rehabilitation care including extensive follow-up support including future fine-tuning.
About Sounds of Life
Sounds of Life Audiology is a leading, independent hearing aid specialist. We offer affordable hearing aid pricing on quality hearing aids (including virtually invisible hearing aid technology) from the world’s leading brands including Siemens, Signia, Phonak, Starkey, Unitron, Resound, Bernafon, Oticon and Sonic Innovations.
Contact Us today on 1300 744 432